Saturday, November 19, 2011

A new house....A new beginning....

After a LOOOONG 3 day trip to SC, Tom and I found a house. The search had started weeks before at home in RI. Together we did countless internet searches seeking properties in a multitude of cities and towns from Greenville, SC to Charlotte, NC. It was equal parts excitement and anxiety. By last weekend I had set up 9 appointments and assembled a folder with printouts of all the properties we wanted to see, a map indicating their locations and comments on what i thought of them while looking online. I thought we were all ready to hit the road running....and then we arrived! We kissed our babies goodbye and began our search. The area is so much broader than I had expected. Stuff I thought was "close" ended up being far and I was instantly feeling overwhelmed and scared that all my hard work was going to leave us no better off. I was afraid we would just spend the whole time driving in circles and not find anything. The first afternoon we had an appointment in a neighborhood that we ended up falling in love with. There were lots of kids playing outside, there was a playground and a pool in the subdivision and the whole area just seemed right for us! We spent ALL day Wednesday in the pouring rain going from property to property. Midway through the day we saw a property in our "desired" neighborhood. This place didn't show very well online, but in person we loved it! The price was right, the size was right. Once we had seen everything on Wednesday, we had our decision. We returned to the real estate office first thing Thursday morning and secured it! Our trip was a HUGE success! We texted pics home to Kay Kay so she could show Jack his "new house" and "new playground". Jack kept repeating "I'm ready to go to South Carolina" the whole time we were away.

I still can't believe we are going...the whole thing overwhelms me at times. I am truly excited, but I feel like I have so much to do and so little time to do it. At least for now I can check house hunting off the list. The movers are set to come here on November 28th and pack us up. We will probably leave by Thursday of that week to start driving down.

For now, I am going to take a few days to take in the holiday season, spend some quality time with family, love on my babies and try to RELAX! Next week is a new week with a new list to check off!

No comments:

Post a Comment